Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Day the Crayons Quit

On Wednesday, we read part of the book The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt. In this book, Duncan opens his crayon box to begin coloring, only to find that all of his crayons have left letters for him, complaining about the way he uses them. Black Crayon wants to be used for more than outlines, Blue Crayon is tired of coloring water, Purple Crayon is tired of being colored outside of the lines when he could be used for more royal images...you get the point!

After about several colors' complaints, the class had a chance to take the point of view of a crayon color and write letters to themselves with their own complaints. Some chose to do their final drafts on paper and some chose to work with Google Docs! The first installment of 3F's Crayon letters are below. The rest will be posted soon! Enjoy!




















Dear Max,
I wish you used me for grass Not the big things.I get tired really quickly because you do so much big stuff with me.And you use me to much!If we can write with a crayon you always pick me. I wish you stop making me tired.

Your friend Green Crayon.
Pen, Crayon, Green, Art

Dear Dylan,
I know you really like red but I can’t take it like this anymore! You make fire trucks, planes,houses ,Santa’s sleigh and red soccer balls.
Can you do something
little like Rudolph's nose,
Polished rocks and
Your name?
I really
Need
A break!
Your best color,
Red Crayon
Pen, Crayon, Art, Red
Nate,         
Hey why do you only use me for grass, green dragons, signs, signs,and more signs and me? So just start using me for post-its, continents on the map or globe. And please use me for division.

From.
              Green crayon
Pen, Crayon, Green, Art

Dear Trey
Cerulean crayon here! Hey! Why don't you use me? I'm like light blue and I know you like light blue.You always use your favorite colors. Use me because you don't know me!
Your want to be used friend,
Cerulean Crayon.
Sep 15, 2016 11:52:07 AM.jpg

Dear Addy,
Why do you never use me? I could be used for oceans, pretty skies, or  even drinks and maybe people’s clothes. I am even taller than white crayon! Come on! When you bought me I thought I was your favorite. Now will you pleeease use me?

Your lonely friend

       Turquoise
Ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment